The Sports Hall of Fame committee is now looking for nominees for the annual Sports Hall of Fame ceremony held during the annual sports banquet. Applications that were submitted on behalf of nominees in previous years need not be submitted again as those applications will also be considered for the next class of inductees. The committee will select up to two individuals and or teams to be inducted and recognize them at the annual sports banquet.
Nominating criteria and a nomination form are posted on the school’s website, www.weedsport.org Criteria and nomination forms can also be obtained from the Weedsport Central School Director of Athletics. Nominations forms must be postmarked by Feb. 1.
Members of the Hall of Fame
- Roger Jordan. Class of 1979. Inducted in 2005
- John “Prof” Skvorak. Inducted in 2005
- Wendy (Williams) Berry. Class of 1982. Inducted in 2006
- Mike Guzewicz. Class of 1973. Inducted in 2006
- Anita Jewell. Inducted in 2010
- Gary Lidster. Inducted in 2011
- Harry Hinman. Class of 1953. Inducted in 2012
- Jim Cuddy. Class of 1974. Inducted in 2012
- Deborah Kinney Weymouth. Class of 1975. Inducted in 2013
- Jennifer Hart Curley. Class of 1996. Inducted in 2014
- Marlin Hutton. Class of 1961. Inducted in 2013
- Mitchell Roe. Class of 1977. Inducted in 2014
- Jesse Raynor. Class of 1999. Inducted in 2015
- Melvin Richardson. Class of 1977. Inducted in 2015
- Amy Glowacki. Class of 1987. Inducted in 2010
- Sandra Donahue. Class of 1983. Inducted in 2009
- Gary Griffin. Inducted in 2009
- Tom McGraw. Class of 1968. Inducted in 2008
- Bill Coiley. Class of 1969. Inducted in 2007
- John Morsch. Inducted in 2007
- The 1977 Varsity Football Team. Inducted in 2016
- Leon Schram. Class of 1950. Inducted in 2017
- Carrie (Gilchrist) Settar. Class of 1996. Inducted in 2017
- Colby Feane (Class of 2002). Inducted in 2018
- John G. (Jack) Skvorak (Class of 1953). Inducted in 2018
- The 1978-79 varsity girls’ basketball team. Inducted in 2019. The members of the team included: Chere Clark, Laurie Francisco, Mary Simons, Wendi Snook, Donna Upfold, Theresa D’Attilio, Margaret Kreplin, Laureen Martin, Kathy Streeter, and Elaine Riley. The team was coached by Mark Dunn.
- Kathy Holden. Class of 1986. Inducted in 2021
- Sal DiSanza. Inducted in 2021
- Susan Kreplin-Michaels. Class of 1974. Inducted in 2021
- The 2004 Weedsport varsity football team. Inducted in 2022. The members of the team included: Brad Bach, Brandon Bach, Brandon Magill, Jeff Williams, Mike Coolbaugh, Hiral Patidar, Adam Sweet, John Mietz, Adam Quigley, Kerry Green, Mike Case, Mike Maltese, Brandon Winslow, Steve Flynn, Tony Tabone, Jim Scarbrough, Bob Bradtke, Tyler Nevidomsky, Steve Whitcomb, Justin Forbes, and Ed Rooker.
- David James. Inducted in 2022
Membership in the Hall of Fame can be achieved as either a participant or contributor.
In order to qualify for induction in to the Hall as a participant, a nominee must have participated in:
- A high school sport in the Weedsport Central School District at the varsity level for at least 1 year, or
- A college sport or post-high school sport for at least two years after first having attended Weedsport Central High School for at least three years.Participant nominees must be out of school for at least 10 years. All nominees must have demonstrated satisfactory citizenship throughout their life.
In order to qualify for induction into the Hall of Fame as a contributor, a nominee must have contributed to a sport:
- In the Weedsport Central School District for at least five years, or
- Outside the area for at least five years after first having attended Weedsport Central School District for at least three years.Contributor nominees must no longer be associated with the Weedsport athletic program before they can be nominated into the Hall of Fame. All nominees must have demonstrated satisfactory citizenship throughout their life.
The selection committee may make an exception to the selection criteria if extraordinary circumstances exist.
Participants and contributors will be elected as members of the Hall of Fame based on their outstanding performance or contribution in the area of athletics. For example: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field, Volleyball or a Special Category which is left to the discretion of the Hall’s committee members. Members of discontinued Varsity sports may also be considered.