Weedsport Central School District is excited to share some updated news regarding spectators at athletic events. With cooperation from the Cayuga County Department of Health, the district has decided to allow two spectators per athlete for home events.
Rules and Regulations for spectators include the following:
- Each player will be allowed two spectators per contest.
- Spectators will be allowed to attend home games only. If an away district allows our fans to attend an event on the road, it will be communicated in a timely fashion.
- In the case of back-to-back games, spectators will only be allowed to stay for one contest unless they have a sibling playing in both (JV/Varsity, 7th grade/8th grade games). Once that contest is over, they must leave the facility.
- Spectators will have a temperature screen prior to entering the facility. If the reading is above 100-degrees, the spectator will not be allowed to enter.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while at the facility.
- A distance of six-feet must be maintained between spectators for all events.
- Spectators will be asked to give their cell phone number and email address upon entry to the event.
- Please do not enter an event more than 30 minutes before the beginning of the contest.
- Spectators may not congregate and must exit the facility promptly after the conclusion of the specific contest.
Finally, not all schools in the OHSL are allowing their teams to compete against schools who allow fans. If a district that we have scheduled is not allowing fans, we will still honor the contest and play the game. We will communicate this in a timely fashion. All games will continue to be streamed on the NFHS network.
We are grateful for this opportunity to have some fans back in the stands.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Athletic Director Zac Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Athletics