The Weedsport Central School District, after consulting with the Cayuga County Health Department, has announced that all students in grades 7-12 will return to daily, in-person learning on Monday, April 19th. Three-foot social distancing guidelines and mask mandates remain in effect for all students. The district will also be extending the learning day for students in Pre-K through 4th grade. These changes were approved by the Board of Education at its regularly scheduled April 12th meeting.
Need-to-know for high school students
The length of the school day will remain the same at the Jr.-Sr. High School. Students will receive new schedules in homeroom on the 19th that will detail any changes they may have.
Students will enter the building through either the main entrance or the cafeteria, depending on grade-level, as follows:
- Grades 7-9 will enter through the cafeteria
- Grades 10-12 will enter through the main entrance
Need-to-know for elementary school students
The elementary school day will be extended, leading to different dismissal times. Morning drop-off procedures will remain the same. Afternoon bus, walker, and parent pick-up times will all be adjusted as follows:
- Walkers will be dismissed from the front door on Jackson St. at 3:05 p.m.
- Buses will depart at 3:15 p.m.
- Parent pick-up will occur in the back parking lot at 3:20 p.m. Pre-K and Kindergarten students will be released first. Guardians are asked to park, and walk to the sidewalk to meet their children.